Our pain experts can help.
Chronic or persistent pain is complex and individualized. This prolonged pain can stem from a variety of causes, including surgery, injury, nerve damage, arthritis and fibromyalgia. Even migraine headaches and knee pain are chronic for many people, with persistent, significant pain that disrupts the daily routine. At the Providence Anesthesiology Pain Clinic, our specialists are pain experts, utilizing the latest imaging and diagnostic tools to determine the source of the pain and create a treatment plan to help you find relief.
Patient diagnoses and treatments take place in our clinic, offering convenience and cost savings without sacrificing quality and precision. Both diagnostic and treatment procedures are minimally invasive and performed under fluoroscopy. Patients experience very little downtime and are able to return to routine activity within just a few days. And our approach is multidisciplinary, with our physicians playing a critical role in coordinating additional care, such as physical therapy, psychological therapy and rehabilitation programs—all part of a comprehensive treatment plan.
Our physicians commonly treat back, neck, head and knee pain, along with a list of others.
Schedule a consultation at 704.980.6000 to learn more.
Common Chronic Pain Conditions
- Facet Joint Syndrome. Pain that occurs at the joint between two spinal vertebrae, also called osteoarthritis.
- Radicular Pain. Pain that radiates into a lower extremity directly along the course of a spinal nerve root, often caused by compression, inflammation and/or injury to a spinal nerve root that can arise from herniated disc, foraminal stenosis and peridural fibrosis.
- Shingles. A viral infection that causes a painful rash, often appearing as a single stripe of blisters that wraps around either the left or right side of the torso.
- Arthritis. Osteoarthritis is caused by mechanical wear and tear on joints. Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease in which the body’s own immune system attacks the joints.
- Angina. A condition caused by inadequate blood supply to the heart, which can result in severe pain in the chest, often also spreading to the shoulders, arms, and neck.
- Neuropathic Pain. A complex, chronic pain state usually accompanied by tissue injury and possible damage to nerve fibers.
- Chronic Headaches, Migraines and Secondary Neck Pain. A chronic pain state that can be disruptive and debilitating.
Our team takes a comprehensive approach to pain treatment. With an accurate diagnosis and identification of the pain source and triggers, PAA’s pain experts can create a treatment plan that is highly effective in reducing pain frequency and severity. We provide a list of advanced therapies including minimally invasive interventional techniques, like spinal injections, nerve blocks, radiofrequency ablation and peripheral nerve injections. These therapies may be used in conjunction with medication and rehabilitation or other therapies.